.
Tuesday, September 21, 2010,Tuesday, September 21, 2010
SPOOKY
print media

Early morning today oh deeah ! 
what is the date today ?  
21st september  2010
i went downstairs to pick up the news paper 'The Hindu' which my sister subscribes, not me
i am as allergic to news papers as i am with intelligence and wisdom

i carry the news paper like i would carry a dead rotting stinking fish to throw, i'll have some respect for the dead fish though.
My neighbour was telling me some spooky incidents which i treated with my usual contempt. That story was still on my mind
So i walk towards the newspaper, i heard the news paper talking to me. 
in an American accent

oh deeah ! this is not happening to me.  
of all the people  meeee ?  What ?
i was scared out of my wits
i heard the word Volkswagen  
what is this ?
still in a state of shock afraid to touch the news paper

pick up the milk....  pick up the milk,  my neighbour said from the floor above
Huh ?   The news paper was still talking to me, some rubbish about volkswagen.

on the last page i saw a black box like contraption ( black box of air crafts is orange in colour )  and some voice was coming out of  the holes
some chapee was talking about volkswagen

this is absurd i said to myself aloud

what is absurd my sister asked, i said nothing, gave the news paper to her

i wanted to take a picture of the talking device, i think such contraptions are implanted in talking dolls
This was a news paper advertisement for Volkswagen

i was talking to Uma  i told her that this guy is not shutting up
she said  fold the paper and he will shut up, which he did.

print media
 
posted by rauf
Permalink ¤


6 Comments:


  • September 21, 2010 at 6:16 PM, Blogger Ruth

    Wha?? I never heard of such a thing!

    But I love your bokeh pitturs.

     
  • September 21, 2010 at 7:10 PM, Blogger rauf

    just look at the money these people spending for advertisements RUTH. Sujith gets the same news paper but his last page was ripped off by the newspaper delivery boy perhaps.

    i went downstairs to my younger sister's place, an old gentleman was sitting there. He said he heard some one talking from the table
    i said we have evil spirits here in the house.

    i figured out Ruth. The device gets activated on contact with light. it was quite bright and the voice was coming out of the folded newspaper

     
  • September 21, 2010 at 7:14 PM, Blogger Claudia

    I didn't know they were doing adverts like that already. Must be bulky, poor guy who delivers de papers. I can see the Volkswagen logo in your photo with the black talking box above it. Spooky to get a talking newspaper in the morning. Be glad you don't have kids around, like parrots they'd be repeating it all day long, rauf.

     
  • September 22, 2010 at 4:59 AM, Blogger freefalling

    Well, I never.
    Will it still work if you pull it off the newspaper?
    Will it talk forever?
    Does it have a battery?

     
  • September 23, 2010 at 7:56 AM, Blogger rauf

    No CLAUDIA, its pretty light.
    The hole in the centre is the light sensor. if you keep your finger on the sensor the guy stops talking. There is one kid in the house, my sister's neighbour the floor below mine. They get Indian Express. He was pestering his mom to switch to 'The Hindu' the newspaper we get, not me my sister gets. The boy wearing spects in the smile post in Daylight Again. the next day the same device appeared in the Times of India.

     
  • September 23, 2010 at 8:00 AM, Blogger rauf

    yes LETTY GIRL, just after i read your comment i ripped it off the page and the guy never stopped talking. Third day today and he is still talking. He is talking about German Engineering. The battery seems to be pretty good. i am keeping this to show to my friends
    if you keep it upside down he shuts up.